In order to deal with a complicated disease like diabetes, you need to have a well- balanced lifestyle and have to manage what you eat and what you do not eat in an efficient manner. Patients with diabetes often doubt whether or not they should consume sugarcane juice in their condition as it is known to have very high levels of sugar. As it turns out, the juice is full of health benefits for one and all. In this article, we will try to understand the relationship that exists between diabetes and sugarcane juice by analyzing the health benefits of the juice.
So, come and join in for the article “Is Sugarcane Juice Good or Bad for Diabetes Patients?”
Table of Contents
Nutritional Profile of Sugarcane Juice
The following are some of the nutritional facts related to the sugarcane juice.
Around 28 grams of sugarcane juice is known to comprise of 27.51 grams of carbohydrates, 0.27 grams of protein, 11.23 milligrams of calcium, around 3 percent of iron, 17.01 milligrams of sodium, 41.96 milligrams of potassium, and somewhere around 26.56 kilocalories of energy.
The following paragraph explains the benefits of drinking sugarcane juice for all the diabetes patients.
Benefits of Sugarcane Juice for Diabetes Patients
As against the popular belief, sugarcane juice can be beneficial for all those who are dealing with diabetes. The following are some of its benefits:
- To begin with, the sugarcane juice acts as a great energy drink for those who suffer from diabetes. When you add few drops of juice to the tonic, Nutri Kane D, the blood glucose levels are stabilized to a great extent.
- The sugarcane juice is known to be a rich source of various beneficial antioxidants in the body. These antioxidants go a long way in helping to boost the immunity system of the body. Weakness if immunity is one of the major consequences as well as the cause of diabetes. This, in turn, helps to manage diabetes in an effective manner.
- By improving the levels of protein in the body. Sugarcane juice goes a long way in improving the health of the kidney. Kidney-related diseases are very common amongst the diabetes patients. By helping to protect the kidneys, diabetes is effectively managed.
- When you have kidney stones, you feel a typical type of burning sensation in the urinary tract. This can be prevented by consuming juice of sugarcane mixed with coconut water and lime juice.
- No doubt, sugarcane juice has high levels of sugar in it and is really sweet to taste. However, you should not forget that the sugar in sugarcane juice comes from a natural source and as a result, the glycemic index is low. As a result, you need not worry about too much rise in your blood glucose levels when to drink sugarcane juice.
- Another reason why the sugar in sugarcane juice is not bad is that the sugar present in the juice is processed in your liver rather than in your small intestine. This makes the absorption of sugar that is derived from the sugarcane juice all the slower making it beneficial for the diabetes patients.
- Digestive disorders are another common side-effect in people who suffer from diabetes. The juice is known to have a soothing effect in the digestive tract. It prevents various types of infections in the stomach while also enabling smooth flow of blood through your digestive tract. Good levels of potassium in the sugarcane juice help to achieve the same.
- The sugarcane juice is also known to be a rich source of several minerals such as calcium, potassium, manganese, magnesium, iron, amongst a host of other chemicals and minerals. These help a great deal to the patients who find it difficult to manage diabetes.
- Finally, it is a known fact the sugarcane juice has difficult to digest form of fiber. This goes a long way in promoting the good bacteria of the body which, in turn, is responsible for good gut health.
Guidelines to Follow When You Include Sugarcane juice in Your Diabetic Diet
Follow the below-mentioned guidelines when you are thinking of including sugarcane juice in your daily diabetic diet:
The juice does contain calories. Hence, you need to be very careful when you are drinking the juice. It might contribute to weight gain if had in abundance. Besides, another thing to consider when you have diabetes and want to consume sugar cane juice is the fact that you should first consult your doctor about having it. And also ensure you do not go overboard and are having the recommended quantity of the juice. This is particularly important if you are a type 2 diabetes patient.
We hope that the above article has been helpful in improving your understanding of the relationship between sugarcane juice and diabetes and how the juice can safely be consumed as part of your overall diet plan if you happen to suffer from a chronic illness like diabetes. Although thought otherwise, the sugarcane juice, if had in moderation, can be enjoyed by all the people who suffer from diabetes. However, you do need to take an appropriate advice from your medical expert about the inclusion of the sugarcane juice in your diabetic diet!!