Are you diabetic? If you are, then there must be various restrictions for you regarding food that you take. It is really painful to follow such restricted guidelines regarding food, but due to your health condition, you have to forcefully follow the advice as given by your doctor from time to time. It may be that you may have a liking for peanut butter. But maybe due to certain restrictions you do not have the liberty to have that liked butter of yours.
If you have such a condition, then this article is for you. Just continue reading, and you will know whether you can have peanut butter.
Table of Contents
- Fact about peanut butter that will make you happy
- How peanut butter helps in diabetic conditions
- The nutritional benefits that peanut butter offers
- The health benefits that can be had having peanut butter
- The risks those are associated with having peanut butter
- Type of peanut butter that we can have
- The serving size that you can have
- Time for having peanut butter
Fact about peanut butter that will make you happy
There are certain facts about peanut butter will make you happy. First of all, let me inform you that you can have peanut butter to manage the diabetic condition that you have. It is great news, isn’t it? It is good to know how this nature of butter can help you in your condition of diabetics.
How peanut butter helps in diabetic conditions
Past observations show that foods that are rich in Magnesium have defensive benefits against the expansion of diabetic patients. It is good to hear that peanut butter is a rich source of magnesium. Magnesium plays a role in the effective control of metabolic syndrome, inflammation, and insulin resistance. So, you definitely can have it.
Another feature of this food material also makes it suitable to be used by you even though you have diabetes. Peanut butter is also a low glycemic index food. It means that consumption of peanut butter will not have a bad influence on the blood sugar level that you have. Moreover having healthy oils, protein, and fiber peanut butter will have a positive effect on the blood sugar level that you have. Medical research has also illustrated that peanut butter helps to control blood sugar level.
The nutritional benefits that peanut butter offers
We can obtain certain nutritional benefits from natural peanut butter which does not have anything like fats or added sugar. It is considered that two tablespoons of peanut butter offer the below nutritional benefits:
- You can have 12 grams of poly and monounsaturated fats.
- You can also have 8 grams of protein.
- It is cholesterol free, so there should not be any botheration regarding cardiac problems.
- It only has 7 grams of carbohydrates so it will not increase your blood sugar level.
The health benefits that can be had having peanut butter
There was a research done in the year 2012 which illustrated that we could derive some health benefits by having peanut butter. Those benefits are:
- Experiencing reduced blood sugar level
- Reduced appetite
- Consumption of less food throughout the day.
- Increased level of GLP-1 hormone which stimulates insulin production.
The risks those are associated with having peanut butter
There are certain risks also associated with having peanut butter. It is good to have a look at those so that you can have some caution while having it. You must appropriately consider the constituents of the peanut butter before you purchase it.
- You must not purchase peanut butter that has added sugar to it.
- You must avoid having such peanut butter which has a higher level of Omega-6 fatty acid as this may make some aspects of blood sugar worse.
Type of peanut butter that we can have
So, the normal peanut butter that you can purchase from stores is not the ideal one which you should take having diabetics. You can have the natural peanut butter which does not have any added sugar or fats.
The serving size that you can have
As you have purchased the natural peanut butter you can have it but not as much as you wish. According to medical research done, you can have two tablespoons of such butter once in a day. If you have obesity along with diabetes, then you must reduce the serving to one tablespoon to be on the safer side.
Time for having peanut butter
It is better to know when you can have your liked peanut butter. Recent studies have shown that having the butter in the morning will help you to decrease the chance of a rise in blood sugar level all through the day. So, it is good to have peanut butter along with your morning breakfast.
We think that the above article gave you the relevant information regarding peanut butter which makes it the ideal food for you to have. It is also good to mention that you must consult your doctor friend before having peanut butter. This is required as what may suit one may not suit another person. There may be certain other health ailments bothering you which may aggravate having peanut butter. So, have it after consultation with your doctor.