Diabetes is that abnormality when the blood sugar level in blood does not get utilized and reflects. Naturally, it’s a state of decreased immunity, and the patient needs to reduce his intake of carbohydrate.
When the blood sugar level rises above normalcy, it’s a matter of concern.
Table of Contents
How do you feel when diabetes level rises above 300?
When the diabetes level rises above 300, it’s an abnormal condition. In fact, you may feel dizzy and dehydrated. You will feel nausea and might faint in that case. Unusual sugar level might be fatal and result in death even. You may diagnose the symptoms like- feeling thirsty, drying of mouth, blurry vision and feeling fatigue might occur. The bloodstream begins to flow in the cortisol which is in a continuous state of emergency in the body. When the final breakdown starts in the body, the downward spiral series of events stops. The adrenal system may be swollen, the immune system could be depressed, and there could be shrinkage of the thymus, shrinkage in spleen and lymph nodes. Thereby there could be a series of problems and recovery could be delayed.
How must you act when your blood sugar level rises above 300?
- Postprandial blood sugar level should not be more than 140 mg/dl. In case if it’s more than 300 mg/dl than you are at high risk. There can be some immediate measures to be taken when you observe that the sugar level is not coming down.
- Immediately drink water. It will dilute your blood level and soot down the blood sugar level.
- Exercise on a regular basis. It will help you to control sugar level. In fact, you may take the steps and perform an up-down basis activity. It will lower your abnormal level of blood sugar.
- You must keep a check on what you eat. In fact, hyperglycemia level will prompt you to have a full test on the carbohydrate level. Control your crab’s intake and replace it with protein.
- You may take insulin, in case your doctor advises you to do so. In fact, insulin will lower the level of blood sugar.
- Always have a check for ketones in urine. If it’s above 50 mg/ DL, then you are advised not to exercise.
- If you have crossed 7 hours and still feel that diabetes is not under control, then you must give a call to your doctor or get yourself hospitalized.
- Keep monitor your blood sugar level with the help of glucometer or blood sugar testing machine.
What are the causes of hyperglycemia or high blood sugar level?
In case you are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, it’s possible to keep the level low by a series of treatment. There could be many reasons that account the blood sugar to go high.
- If you miss the prescribed medicines or might take medications in amounts not mentioned y doctor.
- Your consumption of carbohydrate could be more than the prescribed amount.
- You might experience lack of sleep
- You may suffer from emotional stress
- You may have done the intense form of exercise which will result from the blood sugar level to falter.
- Any disease or infection may result from your body to release stress hormone which might lead to raising the level of blood sugar in the body.
What foods should you eat to reduce blood sugar level?
Some good sources of quercetin, a plant polyphenol from flavonoid group, used for reducing blood sugar level are- cinnamon, citrus fruit, cold water fish, fiber-rich foods, legumes, green tea, nuts, spinach, kale and collard greens.
There could be severe consequences of a high blood sugar level and can cause permanent damage to liver, pancreas and a rise in triglycerides which has chances of increasing cardiovascular damage and a probable heart attack.
You must keep in mind that whenever your blood sugar level gets treated, you will be at a lower risk of health.