Diabetes is something which is spreading really fast and today we can witness hundreds and thousands of people suffering from diabetes in different parts of the world. It has a lot to do with the type of lifestyle we live in today.Diabetes is a disease which is caused either due to the lack of proper production of insulin by the pancreas or due to the improper use of insulin in the human body. This gives rise to the blood sugar level or the glucose level in the body since the hormone insulin is responsible for the essential breakdown of carbohydrates and fats which, in turn, help in maintaining the required level of sugar and glucose in the blood.
Treating diabetes is extremely important as it comes along with several other complications such as cardiovascular and kidney-related diseases, diabetic eye, leg swelling, high blood pressure, amongst a host of other complications. Experts are always looking for something natural which can treat this extremely complicated disease. One such treatment of diabetes is the use of Aloe Vera plant in various forms such as ointments, capsules, gels, and even in the juice form.
In this article, we shall try to explore the various benefits the Aloe Vera plant has for a diabetes patient. Aloe Vera has always been known for its healing and soothing properties. Today we shall find out the different compounds and chemicals that are present in the plant due to which it is not only beneficial for those suffering from diabetes but the overall sound health too. Join in for the article ‘Diabetes and Aloe Vera: Use of Aloe Vera in Diabetes and its Benefits.’
Table of Contents
Some Facts Related to Aloe Vera
In order to understand the effect of Aloe Vera on diabetes, we first would want to know more about the Aloe Vera plant.
Aloe Vera plant has long been popular amongst the medical fraternity because of its strong and powerful healing properties. The plant is known to treat a lot of diseases which include the digestion problem, constipation, problems related to the teeth or any other dental concerns, amongst others. It is also known to have soothing and healing powers besides curing minor wounds and scars. Not only this, as we progress further into the article, we will find out that Aloe Vera plant is good for even patients suffering from diabetes.
Some facts related to the plant which lends the above healing powers to the plant are as follows:
- As the Aloe Vera plant is rich in compounds such as the phytocompounds, the plant has huge healing powers. The phytocompounds even help in fighting wounds and swelling.
- Brady kinase is known to be a natural compound which helps to relieve pain and several wounds. The plant is said to be a great source of the compound Brady kinase.
- Besides, the Aloe Vera plant is a good source of polysaccharides which not only helps in smoothening the circulation of blood but also enhances the oxygen content, thereby helping to fight a lot of diseases.
- The glucomannan present in the plant is known to carry huge healing and relieving powers for those suffering from diabetes as it helps to control the sugar and glucose levels of the blood.
- The presence of Allantoin in the Aloe Vera plant renders is responsible for the soothing properties Aloe Vera is so widely popular for.
As seen above, the Aloe Veraplant is highly beneficial for the good health of the humans in general. It also is beneficial for the treatment of diabetes.
In the following paragraphs, we determine and analyze more carefully how the popular plant is useful in the treatment of diabetes.
Benefits of Taking Aloe Vera for Diabetes?
As discussed in the above paragraphs,Aloe Vera, in its various forms is very helpful in the treatment of diabetes and its various related complications.
Following are some of the benefits of the plant in the treatment of the disease:
- Most of the problems in diabetes arise due to the high level of blood sugar in the body and the inability to control the same.It has been found out that the intake of Aloe Vera juice regulates the level of blood sugar and glucose in the body. This is highly critical in the treatment of diabetes and its various related complications.
- Diabetes is known to affect the body with a host of other complications and diseases. One such adverse effect on the body of those suffering from the disease is the wounds on the leg as well as ulcers. In normal people, the wounds are healed really easily and fast. However, in the case of diabetes, these take a really long time to get healed. Intake of Aloe Vera juice can help accelerate the healing process to a great extent.
- The regular intake of Aloe Vera in its various forms is also known to help in the greater secretion of insulin. Insulin, as we know is one of the most important hormones the absence and inefficient working of which causes diabetes.
- In the case of type 2 diabetes, there is an abnormally increased count of blood lipids or fats which get accumulated in the body. Regular consumption and use of Aloe Vera in its varied forms help in the treatment of the same by reducing the count of blood lipids.
- Further research has indicated that the regular dosage of Aloe Vera as an oral medicine will not only reduce the level of blood glucose but shall also result in the decrease of HbA1c to a large extent.
- Finally, the usage of this plant regularly decreases the risk of other complications that come along with diabetes such as chances of strokes, cardiovascular diseases, amongst others.
Other Benefits of Aloe Vera
Other benefits of the Aloe Vera plant include the soothing and healing powers such as:
- It is helpful in the treatment of the problems related to the digestive tract.
- It heals wounds and other sores very quickly.
- The consumption of the plant regularly also helps in treating the dental health.
- All the scars after surgery can be treated by the regular usage of the Aloe Vera plant.
- It also helps in the treatment of constipation.
How Should You Use Aloe Vera When You Have Diabetes?
Aloe Vera can be used in several forms and each form shall have its own benefits and advantages. The Aloe Vera plant can be used in the form of juice, capsules, gels, or even in various ointments, creams, shampoos, etc. which are easily found in the market.
The following points explain the usage of Aloe Vera plant in various ways when you are someone who is suffering from diabetes or its other related complications:
- Taking one spoonful of Aloe Vera two times in a day is said to be highly useful for those suffering from diabetes. Following this regularly will help in achieving a smooth flow of insulin and will also help in lowering the blood sugar level of the body.
- Research suggests that taking around 30 milliliters of Aloe Vera juice reduces the risk of damage to the heart which is so common in the case of diabetes. The presence of the chemical glucomannan helps in achieving the sound health of the heart. Glucomannan is known to control the adequate levels of blood triglycerides, which has been linked to causing heart diseases related to the coronary. The effective balance of such blood triglycerides goes a long way in ensuring the sound condition of the heart.
- In case you are a patient who suffers from diabetes and you have developed boils in different parts of your skin and body, do make it a point to apply a paste made from the Aloe Vera plant. This will reduce irritation and give the much- needed relief to itching and inflammation caused due to the boils.
- Consume the juice regularly to also help in the blood getting more and more of oxygen. This smoothens the flow of blood in the body and also the tired and closed blood vessels seem to open up for best health results.
- Regular application of the gel made from Aloe Vera plant provides much relief to the cuts and other swollen parts of the skin.
What is the Recommended Quantity of Aloe Vera Plant in Various Forms?
For best results, the experts, based on various research have concluded the following quantity with regards to the usage of Aloe Vera Plant in its various forms:
- The maximum quantity of Aloe Vera juice to be consumed is 50 MLon a daily basis as recommended by the doctors.
- The maximum dosage of Aloe Vera capsules to be consumed is 200 MG-300 MGon a daily basis as recommended by the doctors.
We hope that the above post has been helpful in removing some of the doubts you had with regards to the relation between diabetes and the regular use of Aloe Vera plant.Aloe Vera plant sure has a number of chemicals and nutrients due to which it is one of the most sought after natural treatments used in diabetes. Not only is it helpful in controlling the blood sugar level but also comprise a host of other benefits and advantages.
The wide variety of essential compounds, nutrients, and the simplicity with which the plant is available have made Aloe Vera a favorite amongst the medical experts, particularly those who are involved in the treatment of diabetes and its various related complications. Skin diseases are quite common when you are suffering from high level of sugar and glucose in the body. This causes inflammation and irritation to a great extent. The soothing and healing powers of the Aloe Vera plant goes a long way in providing the instant relief that the patients so desire.
Having said that, do remember to consult your medical doctor before consuming Aloe Vera juice and capsules, particularly if you are under certain kind of medication. The chemicals and nutrients present herein might interfere with the chemicals and compounds present in the drugs that you are already consuming.This is also important in order to determine what is the standard prescribed quantity of juice and capsules that you can take as the standard may vary from one person to another basis a number of factors such as lifestyle, the extent of physical exercise, and the complications suffered owing to diabetes.